Sunday

Sunday isn't a fun day anymore...

Sundays are tough for me now.

Sunday was always "our day". Think I've mentioned that before.

When I lived in Poplarville, if we weren't spending the day together, we were on the phone. We listened to a local radio show here called Reg's Coffee House. I would listen online, and he would listen to it on the radio. I would get the playlist, download the songs we liked, and burn him a cd once a month or so. I think I made eight in all.

When we were finally together, we would listen to it at the lake, in the pool or on the boat, or sitting on our back porch here at home having our traditional Sunday bottle of champagne. And I bought G an iPod shuffle so he could take some of the music to the gym or traveling. I have all of the CD's, and the shuffle, but I can't listen to that music anymore. I tried, but it just isn't gonna happen.

I am drinking champagne on Sunday though. I bought a new glass, just for me, and usually on Sunday evenings I sit on the back porch, drop some strawberries and blackberrys in my glass and sit out there and watch the boys play.

(If you are new- the boys aren't chirren - they're my dogs!)

Our two glasses still sit in their normal spot at our bar.....I just can't drink out of mine. It doesn't quite feel right.

Actually , nothing feels right anymore.

I miss him so much. Sundays used to be so happy. Now I don't even like to think about it. I never understood what the term "month of Sundays" meant.

I wish I had several "months of Sundays" with Gregory again.

I miss you baby. I love you.

I'm gonna go have our champagne and a good cry now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*lifts a glass for Kim and Gregory*


Love you, Coz.
Franny

Blondefabulous said...

Cheers & tissues hon!

Mouthy Girl said...

Thinking of you and hoping that Sundays become a little less painful for you.

Geeky Tai-Tai said...

How is it that I'm just now finding you?

I can only imagine how you feel about Sundays now. Michael and I are almost always together on Sundays. It's "our" day too. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Bubblewench said...

Think that's a great idea. .keep up the champagne and the good cries...

TexasRaceLady said...

Nothing like champagne and tears.

Keep talking, Kim. We'll get through this together.