Wednesday

Me-mes....

Alot of people that have recently met me and started reading my blog can only define me as "Kim whose husband Gregory died."

Even though that is unfortunately a HUGE part of who I am now, there's a lot of other things about me that make me who I am as a person. Many of them I like, many of them I don't. But all in all, it's all me.

So here's kind of a bullet list of things about Kim.....


* I was born in Mississippi but grew up in Singapore, because my dad was in oil.

* My dad also grew up overseas. In Liberia. He had monkeys, elephants and such for pets. What a life.

* I was born two days after Camille, lived through a tornado tearing my parent's house apart in 2004, made it through Katrina, was in a boat that was struck by lightning and have survived a monsoon or two. If the weather gets bad you may want to get away from me. Far, far away.

* When I was 3 I fell off the roof of our house and almost "PUT MY EYE OUT."

* I loved Singapore and am so thrilled to be reconnecting with friends from there thru the interwebz. Yay interwebz!

*Upon moving back from S'pore I lived in Poplarville, MS until 2005. I miss my friends but again, the miracle of the interwebz is bringing us together !

* My mom is deathly afraid of animals but has always let me have a dog. Thanks Mom.

* When I was 13 I walked through a sliding glass door and had 182 stitches in my legs and face. Oh and plastic surgery.

* I have trekked in Nepal, camped in the Australian outback and walked along the Great Wall of China.

* I have also been to about every country I can think of.

* But I've never been to the Grand Canyon.

* My dad played pro football for the 49ers for a few years.

* I have always struggled with weight - up/down/up/down. But I'm ok with that now.

* I have an older brother whom I adore - Hi Alya !!

* I used to be a cop. Near the end, I HATED IT. I wasn't actually thrilled with the circumstances of my leaving law enforcement but it was the best thing that happened to be professionally.

* I am now a computer nerd and I LOVE IT. I LOVE going to work. Except when I'm in a funk, and getting there usually alleviates that.

* I am obsessed with the weather. I wish I was a meteorologist.

* I miss my grandparents now more than ever. I wish my Papaw was here to guide me.

* Speaking of my Papaw, he didn't speak english until he was 12. Only french..and my dad was born in NOLA...so technically I'm a cajun girl.

* I have no musical talent whatsoever. I can't draw, I can't sing, I can't dance. Somewhere in the gene pool I lost out.

* I love t-shirts. Any cool restaurant, bar, visiting place, if you've got a cool t-shirt, it will be mine.

* At Mardi Gras and parades in general, my friends used to call me the bead whore. I never flashed for any, but I was good at getting them !

* I love jello shots.

* I am having a hard time watching my Daddy fight cancer but I can't stand to not be around him.

* I am mad at God and the world in general, but especially me, for taking my Husband away.

* I am trying very hard to deal with the thing above. Not so easy.

There's alot more that I am sure I will add, but I'll leave that for another post.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Oh and one more thing.

* I love my husband.

8 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

You never flashed even once? Really?
xo

Marnie said...

Kim, I didn't know your Dad played pro football. Awesome! Hated to hear about his fight with cancer. I only met him one time but he seemed to have such a "larger than life" presence. I thought he was pretty cool. Tell him to keep up the fight!! I wasn't aware that you had been to so many places. Doesn't surprise me in the least-you were ALWAYS on the go when we were younger. GO SEE THE GRAND CANYON. I haven't been, but everyone says it's beautiful. Love ya! Marnie

Big Pissy said...

Wow! What an amazing life you're living! I'm in awe! :)

I especially love the pictures of you and Gregory together. :)

Bubblewench said...

Thanks for sharing! I didn't know all that, and it just makes me like you even more!

I'm totally blown away!

Sorry about your dad. I hope he is at least comfortable.

Lil'Sis said...

I've been to the Grand Canyon, but no other places you list, I wish/hope to go to all of them:)

I knew you must be super cool since TCole sent me here and she's one of my favorite peeps!

TexasRaceLady said...

Kim, you have led a fascinating life. By all means, go see the Grand Canyon. South Rim is the best viewing, but the largest crowds. North Rim is lonelier, but just as beautiful.

I dare you to walk out on the glass viewing platform that opened last year. It hangs out over the edge.

Coloradolady said...

What a great post. What an amazing life. It is so nice to have found out so many intersting things about you! Have a great day.

Dejoni said...

What an interesting life you've had! Sorry to hear about your husband. Makes me want to hug mine instead of nagging him so much. Thanks for visiting my blog! Glad I got to come visit yours...I'll be back soon.