Friday

Five

It's been 5 weeks today. Well, at 1109 pm tonight.

5 weeks without my bestest buddy, my baby, my nemesis, my match, and my best friend ever.......wow.

5 weeks of a hell I never knew existed.

Despite that fact, today has been a fairly ok day.

I had a great counseling session, and I left feeling better.

Then I decided to do 5 things for me.

* I got a mani/pedi.

* I bought myself a cute new pair of flip-flops.

* I indulged in a Smoothie King smoothie.

* I rode around on the John Deere with Sam Adam's cousin(s), Mr. Summer Ale....whilst el loco puppy-o's circled around !!

* Then I took myself to Fox Valley where my friend is a bartender and treated myself to steak and crab cake and a nice salad. Oh and a few martinis and one irish coffee.
(P.S.) With strawberry shortcake to go....nom nom nom)

*** And while riding home...I heard The Allman Brothers "Blue Sky"....which is one of G's favorite songs.....and I actually listened to it, and smiled!!

It was a blue sky kinda day in Central Alabama today.....

If you've never heard it....here's a snippet of the chorus....

You're my blue sky,
you're my sunny day.
Lord, you know it makes me high
when you turn your love my way,
Turn your love my way, yeah.


Then I had to have a guilty moment - with a bit of a meltdown.

But that's ok. That's part of ME now.

Now I am home, re-bathed and in Greg's jammies which are way too big but feel good anyway...and I am getting ready to go pile up in our bed and just chill.

So generally I had a "ME" day. Not to mean that I didn't think about G every second. I kept looking for him in the chair next to me at mani/pedi. I had to do all of the yardwork, instead of sharing, and it was weird to shop for flip-flops and only buy one pair.....

....but it is what it is....

I have to do the Apple thing all day Saturday (YAY!!), then I am off Sunday and Monday. Since all of my yard work and most of my chores are done, I am not sure what to do with myself.

I will either lay by the pool......or.....

...do something involving a perfectly good airplane and a parachute. *ahem* Always wanted to, but if I've learned nothing else, WHAT THE HELL?!

So we shall see.

Stay tuned.......and have a good weekend.

I'm going to try and go to sleep before the monster comes.

P.S. Hug your buddy.



P.P.S. I love you baby !!!!

5 comments:

Dosjon said...

Summer Ale is out already? I had no idea!

LOVIN7 said...

I'm happy to hear you had some "me" time today and I hope it helped a lil bit. Laying around a pool sounds wonderful-it's warm enough here today for that. We have Franna's weather today!((HUGS))

Big Pissy said...

I'm very happy to hear that you had some "me" time. From what you've said about Gregory, that's exactly what he would want you to do. :)

Big Pissy said...

I'm very happy to hear that you had some "me" time. From what you've said about Gregory, that's exactly what he would want you to do. :)

Bubblewench said...

Nice day! Love that song myself..

Jealous of your pedi/mani! I so need one..