Sunday

Friends of Maddie......

Many of you may not know about Maddie, the beautiful daughter of Heather and Mike who passed away unexpectedly a few months ago.


I could go into long soliloquies about how her death has sparked new life and she's in a better place and all of that, but I won't. The reality is, her death has been painful and earth shattering and just downright unfair to her parents, her family and friends, and anyone that had the chance to know her. And the rest of us that didn't were robbed of the opportunity to meet a beautiful little girl and the wonder of seeing what those amazing eyes and infectious smile could do to change the world.

Both H & M are bloggers, and I began reading their blogs right after Maddie's birth and her hospital stays and the strength of this family amazed me. Heather continues to amaze me as she walks the path that she is on, dealing with her own grief but having the will to carry on and to try and help others who may be heading down a similar road.

In Maddie's memory, Heather and Mike have established a non-profit organization, Friends of Maddie.

Their mission is to provide support to the families of critically ill babies in an effort to help ease the transition into NICU life and to be an ally until the end of their child's hospital stay. They will be distributing Family Support Packs to the nursing staff of Level III Neonatal ICU's across the country, and these will be distributed at the hospital's discretion to the families of children who are in for long-term care.



This endeavor is invaluable. Heather and Mike have lived it, and even in their grief they are showing the spirit that they showed in the life and death of Madeline Alice Spohr, and are paying it forward to other families and children who need a miracle.

Put a button on your home page to spread the news.



Sponsor a Support Pack.

Make a donation.

Just do something.

Thanks.


1 comment:

Manda said...

I know I have commented on a couple of your past posts...I am just catching up on your blog. I bookmarked a while ago and then lost it and found you again today thru Coal Miner's Daughter.

I have told as many people as I can about the Friend of Maddie site. It is a cause that is close to my heart. Our daughter spent a lot of time in the NICU after she was born in Feb. We are home now but it was a long battle.