Saturday

I am proud to be your daughter.....

Happy Father's Day Daddy.




Yes, I am a southern girl. My daddy is daddy, always will be. He is my #1 hero and the person I have always been able to count on, whether I was right or wrong. He is also the person who could scare the daylights out of me with one look. There was no "wait til your father gets home" in my house. My mom would tear my ass up and then Daddy would come home and just give me that "look" and it was all it took for me never to do that again, whatever that was....

Thank you Daddy. For working and succeeding and showing us a wonderful life all across the world. All of the places and things we were able to do because of you.



And the love and friendship and guidance that you gave not only to me and my brother, but to the rest of our extended family. Thank you for being a father to Gregory, whose own was a miserable man.



Thank you for loving Teddy and Beaux and all of my mutts over the years, and always letting me have a dog, even though Mom is afraid of them...it's like you told me when I was a kid, "she's not like us, we're dog people."



For teaching me how to have fun.....



For teaching me how to ski and jetski and drive a boat and an RV and all the other cool stuff I learned from you....




For teaching me how to Fais-Do-Do....AIYEEEEEEEE !!



For being a great husband to your wife, my mother....



For bragging on me.....even while we both were drinking a beer !!!



For teaching me about sports and passing on your love for the game, for all the teams you coached, all of my teams you coached, teaching me how to be a good sport...



And for battling this devil called cancer, always with a smile and a determined spirit to beat it....




Thank you for being the smartest man ever, who designed the world's largest jack-up oil rig and made Rowan and Marathon Letourneau a leader in oil rig innovation.

Thank you for your service to our country in the US Navy.

Thank you for playing football at Ole Miss and for the San Francisco 49ers.

Thank you for bringing the awesome.

Thank you.

Thanks you for loving me and being my daddy and your big heart and just for being you.

I am proud to be Bill Trimble's daughter.

I love you, Happy Father's Day.

And ever since you told me about this song, it always makes me love you more......


7 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Aww your daddy is amazing! You've done him very proud, here!
*HUGS*

Liz Hill said...

That's just an awesome rbute to your Daddy.

Anonymous said...

Oh,man! I only WISH I could say even a fraction of this about my father. You are so blessed to have him - very blessed. What a legacy you live. Amazing....

Rebecca

Ms Snarky Nice Bitch said...

kim~~

very nice honor to your dad

i am so glad you are getting to spend today with your dad

we can only hold them in our arms for so long
then it's only in our hearts
i hope you have your dad around for a long tim

ZenBitch said...

Seems that you have one helluva Daddy! I know you must be so proud!!

Peace ninja said...

That was so sweet. I hope you, your Daddy, and your whole family have a great day today.

Bubblewench said...

That just rocks! Your dad is totally awesome. Nice post!