Sunday

Everest..........

I always wanted to climb Mt Everest. I've seen it, even climbed in it's foothills with some great friends on a school Interim Semester trip back in 1984.....

Photobucket

I've always been fascinated with Nepal , it's people and of course the magnificent mountains and overall landscape.

After watching the series "Everest-Beyond the Limit" the last few days I have a newfound respect for the people that have done it, even those who have attempted it.

It is certainly an eye-opening look at what it takes to even try, and the mantra that we are mere mortals compared to the majesty that is Everest is even more true.

I am happy to have once been in the shadow of this magnificent mountain, and I'll continue to cherish the brief time I had at being close to the dream.

No comments: